TechACCESS is currently providing remote services when it is clinically appropriate. Please contact Jen Martinous at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
TechACCESS offers a variety of services for adults, including Evaluations (Augmentative Communication, Assistive Technology, Workplace Accommodations, Computer Access, and evaluations for individuals with Low Vision); Consultations; Training; Therapy (Speech and OT); and Tech Support. We also provide Smart Home consultations to help maximize independence in the home and/or work environments. Services can occur in the individual’s home or workplace or here at our center.
Funding sources for adult services are varied. Options include:
Office of Rehabilitation Services
Who is eligible for vocational rehabilitation services?
To be eligible for ORS services, you must —
- have a physical, intellectual, or emotional impairment which is a substantial barrier to employment, and
- require vocational rehabilitation services to prepare for, obtain, or maintain employment, and
- be able to benefit from vocational rehabilitation services in terms of an employment outcome
For additional information and an application, visit : http://www.ors.ri.gov/VR.html or your state’s Vocational Rehabilitation agency.
TechACCESS offers services for individuals who wish to or need to pay privately. To receive services, please contact TechACCESS for a Payment Authorization Form, which will provide a quote for services. A deposit will be due at the time of scheduling. The balance due for services must be paid prior to the final report/recommendations being delivered.
TechACCESS is in the process of applying to be a provider for RI health insurers. In the meantime, some private insurance carriers will provide funding for assistive technology services. In order to obtain services at TechACCESS that will be paid for with private insurance, the following must occur:
- You must contact your carrier for pre-approval/prior authorization. The insurance carrier will indicate what portion of services they will pay for.
- Most insurance carriers will require that you have a prescription from your Primary Care Physician indicating a need for the service (along with a diagnosis code).
- Individuals who will be seeking insurance reimbursement will be required to sign a Payment Authorization Form, which acknowledges that they will be responsible for payment of services “up front” and seek reimbursement directly through their insurance company. TechACCESS will provide invoices with all of the necessary information and support the individual in any way we can to facilitate their reimbursement.
For services we provide through Medicare, individuals must have prior approval. Often, they will be required to obtain a prescription from their doctor indicating the need for for service (along with a diagnosis code). Individuals who will be seeking Medicare reimbursement will be required to sign a Payment Authorization Form, which acknowledges that they will be responsible for payment of services “up front” and seek reimbursement directly through their insurance company. TechACCESS will provide invoices with all of the necessary information and support the individual in any way we can to facilitate their reimbursement.
Click HERE to download/print a flyer about our services for adults.
*This form must be accompanied by an authorization from the party paying for the service.